Linked Events

• Seattle MBCA show and shine: August 12, 2007

Author Topic: Annual Show and Shine  (Read 7170 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Annual Show and Shine
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:32:13 PM »
Annual Show and Shine

Sunday, August 12, 2007

By Ian Gleadle

Mark your calendars ? for the fourth year in a row the Seattle Section will be having its annual Show and Shine on the grounds of The Nile Country Club located at 6601-244th Street SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA. just west of I-5 at exit 177.

We have a wonderful spot reserved where we park cars on the lawn, have lots of tall evergreen trees for shade and lots of tables to sit at with restrooms close by. All of those attending the last three years were unanimous in their approval of the site.

We will be serving a wonderful meal, while you will be the judge as you relax and look at all the beautiful Mercedes-Benz automobiles on display. Also, look for prize baskets and great car raffle items!

So mark you calendars for August 12th and look for registration information.

After the event. You can drive to Bellevue Square in Bellevue for a stroll before dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy.

Offline Gent

• Global Moderator
    • My smart car site
Re: Annual Show and Shine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »
Depending on how Joyce, WA goes, I might be able to con Laura into one more trip south...
 ;)

Offline SmartieUSA

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
We may be able to make it but summer is filling up fast.

Maybe I have too many activities. ;-)

bob

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
 Here is the official release and registration.

Regional Show and Shine 2007

Annual Regional Mercedes- Benz Club of America ?Show and Shine? Nile Country Club, Mountlake Terrace
Sunday, August 12, 2007, 10:00 am

By Ian & Linda Gleadle

Good friends, BBQ lunch and classy cars, a perfect combination for the MBCA-Seattle Section?s annual regional ?Show and Shine.? Toss in an open grassy field, some tall evergreen trees for shade and the wonderful facilities offered by the Nile Country Club located at 6601-244th Street SW in Mountlake Terrace, Washington, just west of I-5 at exit 177, and it?s an event you won?t want to miss.

It?s time to pre-register your cars and to sign up for a delicious summertime lunch featuring Slow Roasted Marinated Pulled Pork Sandwiches, All Beef Hot Dogs, Potato Chips, Fresh Fruit Salad, Tossed Green Salad w? Dressings, Baked Beans, Ice Cold Watermelon, Dessert and Drinks.

We will start parking cars at 10:00 am until 11:30 am. Lunch will be served at 12:00 noon. New this year will be the opportunity to view demonstration of tips and techniques for making your favorite Benz sparkle and shine and maybe even pass the ?White Glove Test?. Can you say concours? d?elegance anyone? Then take time to tour the field and be the judge in the People?s Choice Voting for categories pre-1974, 1975 to 1997, and 1998 to 2008. Lots of door prizes have been acquired from your favorite venders and will be given throughout the day and People?s Choice voting will take place until 1:00 pm. Votes will be counted with ?very cool? looking trophies awarded at 2:00 pm.

The cost for lunch is $15.00 per person for the meal. The admission cost is $5.00 for your first car and $2.00 for each of your additional cars. We?re looking to see ALL your Mercedes-Benz automobiles at the show. It was a treat to see the Smart Cars come down from Canada last year. We hope to have a repeat showing and we encourage our Oregon, Idaho and other neighboring sections to join the fun. Last year?s ?Farthest Traveled? prizewinner was from Zillah, Washington. We will love to see who can top that!

Pre-registration is required so we can get a count of the number of lunches. Please complete and send in the registration form with payment. The form is available on the Downloads and Registrations page above. The deadline to register is August 3, 2007.

For more information you can call Ian or Linda Gleadle at (425) 844-2567 or e-mail them at gleadle@earthlink.net. See you at there!

Offline Gent

• Global Moderator
    • My smart car site
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:01:20 PM »
Laura and I will be coming down in our ForTwo along with two other couples driving 450 SLs. We'll meet you at your place before 9am Eddy!

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
Great event. Big turn out. Lovely weather. An annual must.

Offline SmartieUSA

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
Eddy,

Thank you again for taking the time to remap our Smartie at the show.
With the increased performance and now the great mileage at cruise it
is an even better car.

And if Arlie is driving the kids in the Hondas are gonna cost us some MPG's
but the kid is going down. ;-)

Thanks again,

Bob