Author Topic: Flying Tiger "B". A fantastic highway car  (Read 17106 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Flying Tiger "B". A fantastic highway car
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »
It was the longest drive ever I took with the Flying Tiger tuned B-Class. I drove to San Fransico and back in just one weekend. The weather was not ideal along the West Coast for the past while. System after system was coming from the pacific through Northern California all the way up to Vancouver. Heavy rain, gust wind, snow at higher elevation was on the menu; generally it was wet for the whole trip.

The 250hp B-Class with 18" all-season performance tires and sport suspension performed flawlessly. Although road condition and traffic was the limiting factor for speed. I was able to have some fun with other makes passing some of the mountain areas. Places where you can drop a 1000' with the slightest mistake.

The handling, the power at a user friendly range, the traction, and confident of safety are normally hard to find in this caliber within this price range of car. Between 3-6000rpm on this 6-speed manual car.  You are comfortably operating between 130-200. It gives the same sensation going 200 in the B as to 120 in the Smart Fortwo. You could be listening to Mozart, Queens, or jazz and feel relex in rain or fog or slush at over 160.

Offline Mike T

Re: Flying Tiger "B". A fantastic highway car
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
Sounds good, mine will have about half the HP but I am looking forward to it!
smart 450 cabriolet
Peugeot 404 C
Peugeot 405

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Re: Flying Tiger "B". A fantastic highway car
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:59:21 PM »
Lack of power doesn't have to stop you from having fun with better suspension.