Author Topic: recent travel  (Read 4221 times)

Offline yukon252

• my red and silver smart car
recent travel
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
just got back from yosemite valley and found the prefect place to drive your  ;D smart car or performance car. first take 41 from the south gate it down hill lots of turns lots you have trees on one side redwoods rocks on the other it a chance to test your driving skills and what your ride can do. then take 49 north back to angels camp this is a really good drive. you have 5000 ft drop off on the left and rocks the size of buses on the right . some corners you have to slow down to 10mph as not only do they have a hard right or left but the road drops out   :o from under you .it about 1hr to 1.5 hours of joy or horror  :odepending on what you drive. did it on a vacation with the safari awd van and it was work. had new brakes done before and thank god i did. cross drilled and vented up front vented in the rear and you needed it to slow down the van on those 14% grades. next time i go will put the smart car in the cargo box and drive it in the area .it would be fun. this is also a good drive for motorcycle it would really test how good you can control your bike. they loose a few people every year so the locals say and only find them in the spring at the bottom. route 4 east from angels camp you can get air with a light car as some bikes did just that as they went over the van .  :o
driving smart so cheap and fun to drive.

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Re: recent travel
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:55:45 PM »
Sounds like fun. What part of the globe is this place located?

Offline CA-B200

Re: recent travel
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
As the crow flies about 245 km east of San Francisco in the western Sierra Nevada.