Author Topic: Mercedes-AMG remains on course for the podium with two cars  (Read 2757 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
As an action-packed night at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife has come to an end, the final stage starts for the Mercedes-AMG Customer Racing Teams. The #2 Mercedes-AMG GT3 run by Mercedes-AMG Team GetSpeed and the #4 Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Mercedes-AMG Team BILSTEIN are still in positions with a good perspective at daybreak. In spite of multiple incidents in the considerably reduced field, both cars remained on the lead lap in the darkness. In the closing stage that is now about to start, the two teams are fighting for a podium position. Mercedes-AMG Team BILSTEIN’s second AMG GT3 was able to make up some positions during the night and currently holds a top ten position in the overall classification. At the same time, the #6 car is in second place of the Pro-Am class.

The two Mercedes-AMG GT2s are running strongly again after repair works on Saturday evening and worked their way up through the field during the night. Both the #46 Mercedes-AMG Team HRT car and the #222 Mercedes-AMG Team Schnitzelalm entry are in a position among the first 50 prior to the finale. For Schnitzelalm Racing’s two Mercedes-AMG GT3s, on the other hand, the race is over. The #10 car was sidelined due to consequential damage after contact caused by another competitor while the #11 car was retired for safety reasons after a collision, just like the #89 Haupt Racing Team GT4.

“Fortunately, I was able to get some sleep. Sadly, we lost some ground during the night. In fact, we were quick, but we slightly got stuck in traffic. That was a real pity. Now, we are fighting for third place with the #4 GT3. Currently, we are on course for the podium, but the race is still long. So far, we have run without any mistakes. When we can go a little bit faster now, many things still can happen.”
Maximilian Götz, Mercedes-AMG Team GetSpeed #2

“The night was very hectic. The spin at Galgenkopf and some situations with other cars that weren’t nice, but that ps part of the game here. We aren’t fully able to keep up with the speed of the leaders. We will simply go flat-put and perhaps we have to hope for something still to happen at the front if we want to win. Otherwise, we are fighting for the final podium slot with the #2 car. That is currently our goal.”
Philip Ellis, Mercedes-AMG Team BILSTEIN #4

“The night went quite well. We are currently second in the Pro-Am class. Winning the class will be difficult. I reckon that second place is the realistic goal at the moment. And we will do our utmost once more in the final hours to achieve that.”
Arjun Maini, Mercedes-AMG Team BILSTEIN #6

“The guys have done a super job in repairing the Mercedes-AMG GT2 during the night. It felt like we had lost one and a half hours there. After that, I did a double stint in which the car handled really, really well. At the moment, our times are superb. Now, I am looking forward to getting back behind the weel soon.”
Elia Erhart, Mercedes-AMG Team HRT #46