Author Topic: Roger Federer and Mercedes-Benz intensify their longtime partnership with the la  (Read 1605 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Mercedes-Benz and Roger Federer have more in common than you might think: Competitive spirit, a success story of many years and a commitment to society firmly anchored in their mindset. Together, the iconic car brand and one of the most successful tennis players of all time have launched the "Neon Legacy" initiative. It connects various projects to achieve one overarching goal: giving something back to society.

The initiative's influences can be experienced in a variety of ways. Each partnership project creates meaningful and lasting results through charitable activities that inspire others. Mercedes-Benz supports these causes and collaborations by collecting grants and donations, for example.
The first "Neon Legacy" project is a one-off special edition in honor of the tennis legend

The first result of the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Roger Federer was on display at the Laver Cup in London from September 23 to 25, 2022: a Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE painted in the neon yellow colour of tennis balls and adorned with Roger Federer's personal signet. This project enters the next round on Saturday, November 26, 2022, when the unique piece will be auctioned off at RM Sotheby's in Munich.

Mercedes-Benz will invest all auction proceeds into the renovation of a public tennis court in London, enabling tennis enthusiasts of all ages to improve their game by playing on a high-quality court. The renovation and refurbishing of the street court is in collaboration with renowned post-graffiti artist duo "Low Bros," which consists of brothers Christoph and Florin Schmidt from Berlin.

“Inspired by our long-time partner, Roger Federer, it's a true honour for us to support the Neon Legacy Initiative. We are proud to be building this initiative together with Roger to make a noticeable difference for society."
Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, responsible for Marketing & Sales

“I am grateful for all the support during my 24 years of professional tennis and excited to be able to return this gratitude in the next chapters of my life. I am honoured and proud to have a long-time partner in Mercedes-Benz, who shares these same values through their commitment to supporting the needs of our communities.”
Roger Federer
Further "Neon Legacy" projects planned for 2023

The auction of the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S E PERFORMANCE and the investment of the proceeds in the London project are only the beginning of the joint initiative between Mercedes-Benz and Roger Federer. Further projects are planned for 2023, with additional communication at a later date. A documentary on the renovation of the street court will be published early next year.