Author Topic: 2019 Abu Dhabi Post-Season Test, Day 1  (Read 1499 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
2019 Abu Dhabi Post-Season Test, Day 1
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:40:13 AM »
Valtteri fastest on the first day of post-season testing in Abu Dhabi

Date:                           Tuesday, 3 December 2019

Driver:                          Valtteri Bottas

Circuit:                        Yas Marina Circuit

Circuit Length:             5.554 km

Laps Completed:          138

Distance Covered:        766.452

Best Lap Time:              1:37.124

Valtteri completed 138 laps at the Yas Marina Circuit on his last day behind the wheel of the championship-winning Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+.

Valtteri had a productive day of testing, completing more than two full race distances (766.452 km)
    Valtteri’s best time of 1:37.124 put him top of the timing board
    The team focused on long runs with the 2020 Pirelli tyres, learning about the characteristics of the different compounds
    The team also spent time comparing the 2019 and 2020 tyres

Valtteri Bottas

It’s been a very productive day today, we did more than 750 kilometres. We’ve been learning about the 2020 tyres and how they compare to this year’s tyres. We gathered a lot of data for the team to analyse over the coming weeks. I still have a few more team commitments before I eventually leave for the holidays and I’ll head off for the break with a positive mindset after a strong season and a good last day of testing with this year’s car.

Andrew Shovlin

It’s been a busy day; we completed 760km, the car has run well and Valtteri has given us some good feedback on the new tyres. There’s a lot of data to go through to understand the differences between the new and old tyres and we’ll have to get through that before drawing any conclusions. It’s quite difficult testing during the daytime as the track temperature is changing almost every run, which you need to factor into your analysis. We’ve got George in the car tomorrow for the final day and another busy programme planned.