Author Topic: Win number two in Macau powered by Mercedes-Benz  (Read 5227 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Win number two in Macau powered by Mercedes-Benz
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:04:27 PM »
This weekend saw the latest triumph in the most successful year in motorsport history for Mercedes-Benz as Felix Rosenqvist (24, SJM Theodore Racing by Prema Powerteam) won the Formula 3 classic on the legendary Guia street circuit two weeks after celebrating his 24th birthday. For the Swedish driver, it was his second successive victory on the streets of Macau. Last year, he and Mercedes-AMG DTM newcomer Lucas Auer claimed a one-two victory in the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix.
This second Macau triumph for Rosenqvist crowns a highly successful season in which he became the new FIA Formula 3 European champion after posting 13 victories and making 24 podium appearances. Alexander Sims finished the race in third position. A total of five drivers powered by Mercedes-Benz finished in the Top 9 in this 62nd running of the Macau Grand Prix.
The Macau Grand Prix is one of the most prestigious races of the year. It was first held on the Guia street circuit in 1954 and has been run according to Formula 3 rules since 1983. Among the former winners of the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix are Formula 1 legend Ayrton Senna (1983) and record Formula 1 world championship winner Michael Schumacher (1990), as well as former Mercedes-Benz DTM drivers David Coulthard (1991) and Ralf Schumacher (1995). Since 2004, a driver with the Mercedes-Benz Formula 3 engine has won no fewer than seven times in Macau.
Felix Rosenqvist: “Wow, what a fantastic day! After winning the FIA Formula 3 European championship, this rounds off my season nicely. My first win in Macau was an incredibly beautiful feeling. But to repeat this success is absolutely amazing. Many thanks to the guys who set my car up so perfectly for this challenging street circuit and also, of course, to Mercedes-Benz, without whose support this success would not have been possible.”
Ulrich Fritz, Head of Mercedes-AMG DTM: “Congratulations to Felix Rosenqvist on this great victory. Macau is one of the toughest and most challenging street circuits in the world. To win there twice is an outstanding achievement. After picking up the FIA ​​Formula 3 Championship trophy, this is yet another demonstration of what a fantastic talent he possesses. I wish Felix well for the future and that he is able to follow in the successful footsteps of previous Mercedes-Benz winners in Macau.”