Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz Canada reports its best April ever  (Read 3279 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Mercedes-Benz Canada reports its best April ever
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
Mercedes-Benz Canada reported today that a total of 3,019 Mercedes-Benz and smart units were delivered to customers throughout the month. This represents the best April ever on record, and pushes year-to-date sales to 9,920 units.
A total of 2,530 Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and luxury light trucks were retailed in April. Strong B-Class, C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, GL-Class and R-Class model sales contributed to April’s success. The B-Class was ahead an impressive 53.1% in April, and the S-Class and R-Class were up 30.3% and 35.3% respectively for the month. Overall, passenger car sales posted a 5.7% gain for the month, and a 5.2% increase year-to-date.
The diesel take rate for luxury light trucks was 75.6% for the month, while permanent all-wheel drive 4MATIC™ units accounted for 64.2% of overall passenger car and light truck sales (excluding smart).
smart reported a total of 260 vehicles sold in April, which represents a 26.8% increase from April 2010.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter sales continued to show growth in April with a total of 229 units retailed. Overall, this equates to a gain of 118.1% or 111 units this month, and propels year-to-date growth to 184.9% with a total of 715 vehicles delivered so far this year.
Mercedes-Benz Pre-Owned sales also reported their best April ever with 1,112 vehicles retailed for the month. This represents an increase of 140 units or 14.4% this month, and drives year-to-date sales growth to 21.8% with a total of 3,522 units delivered.
"As the newly appointed President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada, I am highly committed to continuing the outstanding work achieved by my predecessor Marcus Breitschwerdt and his team," said Tim Reuss, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada. "I am pleased that we have sustained our positive momentum this month to achieve the company's best April ever. Over the course of the next few months, I very much look forward to visiting every dealership across Canada and meeting the employees who have contributed to the company's ongoing success. Together, our resolve remains focused on providing our new and existing customers with the most impressive vehicle portfolio in the automotive industry, as well as a commensurate ownership experience.”