Enthusiast Groups > A-Class

Will Canada see the A class?

(1/3) > >>

smartzuuk:
Is it possible that Canada would see the A Class? Has the B been successful enough?

BMW is going to bring the 1 Series, and diesels are coming.

I can't stand BMW to be honest, but my experience with the smart has been very positive, and I would very much consider an A cdi.

fasteddy:
1 series is the same class and direct competition to B-Class and Audi A3.

I'm not 100% sure what requirement before they will bring more cdi models. May it be:
-diesel quality to go up
-gasoline price to go beyond $1.50
-100% more people to buy cdi just because
-a competitor brand to bring more diesel models and sell successfully

fasteddy:
I had rented a A180 one time when I was in Germany. And I saw the latest generation in Japan last year. I'll take one over a Honda Civic anytime. I like to see a A200T compete in the catagory against Civic VTEC Type -S. But then, many upper level owners may not like to see this happens in North America. They have not experienced the broad range of Mercedes brand as there are in Europe and Asia.

smartzuuk:
The ATVP Program I think owns an A Class. After three years, it goes away...

I respect their decision not to bring it - maybe too, it also brings issues from consumers not used to dealing with MB Retail outlets. The experience with smart I'm sure is a learning experience, and they made some decisions for the USA based on the Canada experience. The 'economy consumers' are quite a demanding lot.

smartzuuk:
But then.... I read this....

http://www.star-lounge.ca/index.php?topic=140.0

So this model is very successful?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version