Author Topic: Hamilton pleased despite lack of running  (Read 2292 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Hamilton pleased despite lack of running
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

By Pablo Elizalde    Friday, September 12th 2008, 15:11 GMT

Lewis Hamilton at MonzaChampionship leader Lewis Hamilton said he was happy with his progress in practice for the Italian Grand Prix despite the lack of running in the opening session.

A downpour in the morning meant Hamilton completed just an installation lap, before better conditions in the afternoon allowed for more running.

Although the McLaren driver completed just 25 laps during the day, he admitted he was happy with the work done.

"Obviously, it was very wet this morning so we only did the bare minimum of running - namely one installation lap," said Hamilton, fourth quickest.

"The afternoon's session started in slightly mixed conditions, the circuit was drying, but with damp patches, so there was little to gain from going out early.

"However, by the end of the session we got some useful mileage under our belts, and I'm happy with our progress."

Heikki Kovalainen was equally pleased with his day's work after posting the seventh fastest time.

"I'm happy that we managed to get some dry running in before the end of the session," he said. "The weather this morning was unbelievable - it's usually so bright and sunny at Monza.

"The rain meant that, like everyone, we didn't get to finish our run programme so we have a little bit more work to do tomorrow morning. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the progress we've made."