Author Topic: Schumacher gives car dealer a bump  (Read 3630 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Schumacher gives car dealer a bump
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 14:26 GMT

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher was involved in a minor crash in England last weekend, leaving a local car dealer with no injury - but with a story of a lifetime.

Martin Kingham was closing the gates to his garage in Lydd, Kent, on Sunday afternoon when a van clipped the gate's edge, throwing Kingham off and on to the ground.

The police were called on to the scene but no action was necessary, and the van driver and Kingham exchanged details - only for the latter to discover the driver was none other than Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver in history.

"When I phoned my business partner later and told him that 'you'll never guess who I've been run over by', he wouldn't believe me," Kingham was quoted as saying by the BBC.

"Obviously being a car salesman we do like a wind up but the difference with this story is that it is actually true."

Schumacher was in England for the Silverstone Classic, and his spokeswoman Sabine Kehm confirmed the incident took place.

"There was a collision but nobody was injured," Kehm said. "Michael cooperated with police. There is nothing else we wish to say."