Author Topic: NASCAR's Jim France visits McLaren  (Read 6201 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
NASCAR's Jim France visits McLaren
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »

By Diego Mejia    Thursday, July 10th 2008, 07:50 GMT

Martin Whitmarsh and Jim FranceNASCAR vice chairman Jim France visited the McLaren Technology Centre on Wednesday.

In an unusual encounter between America's biggest racing series and one of the top Formula One teams, France had the chance to tour the impressive headquarters of one of the world's top companies in the motorsports industry.

"I am very impressed by what I see here today at the McLaren Technology Centre," France said. "I have seen a lot more technology than I would in the garages at Nascar and IRL level where obviously they are also dedicated racers and working with whatever materials they have.

"However, I am impressed by the level of manufacturing capability at the McLaren Technology Centre and the development and engineering that goes on at this facility"

McLaren CEO Martin Whitmarsh accompanied France in his tour around the facilities
where McLaren not only operates their Formula One team but also different automotive and technology-related companies.

"It has been a fantastic opportunity to discuss and compare notes on our differing areas of motorsport," Whitmarsh said about France's visit. "We share many common goals and aspirations and I know that we can learn a lot from each other"