Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz and Deutsche Post are Partners in the DTM  (Read 2063 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Mercedes-Benz and Deutsche Post are Partners in the DTM
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »
· David Coulthard will start with the AMG Mercedes C-Class sponsored by Deutsche Post (German Mail)
When 13-times grand prix winner David Coulthard (39) will return to motor racing, his AMG Mercedes C-Class will be a postal car: Starting with the DTM season opener at Hockenheim on 24 and 25 April, David’s first race after a one-year break, Deutsche Post (German Mail) will be the sponsor partner of Mercedes-Benz and will be present on Coulthard’s C-Class. At the same time, Mercedes-Benz will become partner of the new mail product “Letter on the Internet”.
Between 1994 and 2008, David Coulthard competed in 246 grands prix. 150 of those races were for the McLaren Mercedes team from 1996 to 2004 and during this period, David achieved 12 of his 13 grand prix wins and was second in the Drivers’ Championship in 2001. In 1998, the year in which McLaren Mercedes won the Constructors’ World Championship, David was third in the Drivers’ Championship and contributed one win and 56 points to the team’s achievements.
David is a well known and successful ambassador of motor sport and thus an ideal partner for the new Mercedes-Benz sponsor Deutsche Post. The company is already partner of the DTM and offers numerous activities for the customers.
With more than 700,000 spectators at the race tracks and more than 21 million TV viewers last year, the DTM is a perfect communications platform for the launch of the “Letter on the Internet” which will be supported by the combination of the popular and charismatic driver David Coulthard and the premium brand Mercedes-Benz.
Jürgen Gerdes, Member of the Board BRIEF und PAKET Deutschland of Deutsche Post:
“No other car brand in the world has earned for decades such a blazing reputation in motor racing like Mercedes-Benz. All teams racing under the sign of the legendary Star are associated by values like perfection, discipline and the will to win – the same values that move the logistics team of Deutsche Post. With the power of two strong German brands, we will soon attract the public interest to a new revolutionary product of Deutsche Post – the “Letter on the Internet”. This campaign will be additionally pushed by one of the best race drivers of all times. I am very happy that Mercedes-Benz managed to engage David Coulthard for the DTM. We look forward to him as much as to the cooperation with Mercedes-Benz.”
David Coulthard:
“I can hardly await the season opener at Hockenheim on 25 April. I look particularly forward to return to my long-time friends of Mercedes-Benz as a race driver. At the same time, I am proud to represent a well known brand like Deutsche Post. I will give it my all to demonstrate the performance of my yellow “postal car” in the DTM”
Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport:
"Two positive signs for the DTM and Mercedes-Benz at the same time - David Coulthard returns to motor racing in the DTM and simultaneouslyDeutsche Post begin their partnership with us in the new season. Coulthard is competent, popular and charismatic. Deutsche Post is known worldwide and a German institution with a first-class name and performance portfolio. After the market launch, also Mercedes-Benz will use their new product “Letter on the Internet”. We look forward to our cooperation. Even if David as a DTM rookie will first need some learning time – you will not be able to overlook his car and his presence.”