Author Topic: DTM 2008 ? Press Release No. 78  (Read 2145 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
DTM 2008 ? Press Release No. 78
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »

Body part check and car change ? VIPs at DTM finale

Hockenheim. Every year, the grand finale of the DTM at the Hockenheimring Baden-W?rttemberg also is the place to be for stars and starlets. Managers, anchormen, actors and comedians: the number of VIP motorsport fans is huge. After football and cooking, Reiner Calmund also has discovered his passion for fast cars: ?The atmosphere, the sound, that is quite something?, said ?Calli?, who was joined at Hockenheim by former Schalke coach Mirko Slomka. Anchorwoman Nova Meierhenrich, who attended the finale with her mother, was totally impressed. ?I am a total motorsport fan and have brought my mother, so that she understands my fascination?, Meierhenrich said. A meeting with Le Mans record winner Tom Kristensen came along with surprising insights: ?I could sit in his Audi A4 DTM and found out that Tom and I have the same bottom size?, Nova said with a wide grin.

Bernd Schneider first looked puzzled and then happy when he wanted to climb into his AMG Mercedes C-Class in the morning. Instead of his race car, the five times? DTM champion found Mercedes-Benz motorsport director Norbert Haug, Audi motorsport director Dr. Wolfgang UIllrich and all the other 18 DTM drivers plus a brand-new golf cart in his pit box. It is the farewell present of the drivers for Schneider, who participated in his 237th and last DTM race on Sunday.

Also seen in the DTM paddock:
Motorsport experts Keke Rosberg, Florian K?nig and Heiko Wasser
Motorsport legends Mika H?kkinen and Jacky Ickx
Former boxing champion Sven Ottke
German champion in rhythmic gymnastics Magdalena Brzeska
Actors Claus Theo G?rtner, Bruno Eyron, Simon Licht, Fritz Wepper
Anchorwoman Tamara Sedmak and Cora Schumacher
Comedian Django As?l