Author Topic: Michael Schumacher Q&A: I feel rejuvenated  (Read 1498 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Michael Schumacher Q&A: I feel rejuvenated
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »

Michael Schumacher (GER) Mercedes GP. Formula One Testing, Day One, Valencia, Spain, Monday 1 February 2010. Michael Schumacher (GER) Mercedes GP MGP W01. Formula One Testing, Day One, Valencia, Spain, Monday 1 February 2010. Michael Schumacher (GER) Mercedes GP MGP W01. Formula One Testing, Day One, Valencia, Spain, Monday 1 February 2010.

It may have been the first day we saw 2010 cars take to the track, but all eyes were on one man on Monday at the Valencia test. Just one glimpse of the packed paddock at the Spanish circuit confirmed that Michael Schumacher’s return to Formula One racing has created a media frenzy, but what did the German himself think after covering his first few laps in the new Mercedes?

Q: Michael, after three years away you’ve made a return today. How did it feel?
Michael Schumacher: In a way it feels like it is 1991, honestly! When I came into F1 I was shocked on the first lap and extremely excited on the second lap and for the rest of the day. And it was exactly the same today. I feel like a young boy, who is enjoying a new toy.

Q: What was it like looking over at the Ferrari garage knowing that you are no longer a team member?
MS: Naturally it is a strange sensation seeing my old car on the track and not sitting in it. But it was good to see my ‘brother’ (Felipe Massa) in the car. And I have enjoyed seeing my friends down at Ferrari this week.

Q: You shared the cockpit with team mate Nico Rosberg today. How did it go?
MS: I think we have done a very good job. The guys did a superb job out there. Being out there making a few control checks and making the car reliable worked very well. We - Nico and myself - did more than 80 laps, and for a first day, it was a superb job.

Q: How was it for you physically? Did you have any problems with your neck?
MS: I am fine. I have worked out very well and prepared myself extremely precisely and that is the result.