Author Topic: Schumacher to defend kart event title  (Read 1870 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Schumacher to defend kart event title
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »

By Pablo Elizalde    Friday, August 8th 2008, 16:02 GMT

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will defend his title at the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champs in Brazil later this year, it was announced on Friday.

Schumacher will lead a strong field of 26-27 drivers in the November 30 event, organised by Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

"To be honest, I didn't even have to invite him to come back," said Massa of Schumacher. "He told me recently in Hockenheim that he wished to race again because loved the town and the relaxed atmosphere he found here."

Massa expects Robert Kubica, Sebastien Vettel and Sebastien Bourdais to also attend the event.

"It was almost everything set to Kubica attend the race in 2007, but a last- minute commitment prevented him from coming," he added. "He watched the International Challenge on TV and knows what the race is about. Now I'm confident that he will be able to take part for the first time."

Massa has also approached four-time NASCAR Cup champion Jeff Gordon.

"I met him at Indianapolis GP some years ago and then we raced together at the Champions Race in Paris. He seemed to be a nice guy and said that always wanted to visit my country. That is his chance and I think he will not miss it," Massa added.