Enthusiast Groups > W201

Performance upgrades, tips for M103 2.6

(1/4) > >>

Devonic:
I have a 190E 2.6 that I am turbo charging, putting a cam in, cylinder head ported and polichsed, dished pistons (est. 400-500hp) . I need to know what would be the best trans and diff to put in it. And whatever little small extras I show get.

fasteddy:
Good to see you here.

Those are quite optimistic numbers for that engine. How much boost do you intend to run? What life spend do you expect? Single or twin turbo?

I had done several Mosselman systems in the early years. 300hp for a daily driver was very reasonable. Some cars we ran the bigger 16v diff. with LSD. That blew-up in 2 years life.

yvrbenz:
One of the tougher transmissions is the 5-speed Getrag unit out of the 2.3-16.  The only problems are finding one and the fact that the ratios are pretty short as it was mated to a peaky 4-cyl.  That said, I don't know that it would stand up to 500hp.  Reportedly the Getrag is good for 350hp.  fasteddy has more relevant experience with this than I do.

fasteddy:
Experience of the 16v transmission up to 350hp was satisfactory. Final drive can possibly up one notch to compensate highway speed.

weneakhborz:
the most important thing is to stay away from auto tranni 8)
i just hate it >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version