Author Topic: DTM 2009 ? Press Release No. 12  (Read 2089 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
DTM 2009 ? Press Release No. 12
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »

A new record crowd at the DTM presentation in D?sseldorf

DTM       

Wiesbaden. DTM stars from up close, the impressive engine sound and great weather in the sports city of D?sseldorf were a guarantee for a new record crowd during the fourth DTM presentation at the K?nigsallee. 210,000 spectators were the reason that the access roads to the K?ngsallee had to be closed temporarily. ?For us, it is always a happy moment when we see how popular the DTM is. There is something for the entire family. That is what makes the DTM so special?, said Hans Werner Aufrecht, chairman of the ITR e.V.

Claus Lufen, anchorman of TV partner ARD, hosted the varied show programme together with Nazan Eckes. Next to autograph sessions and interviews with the DTM stars, the spectators had the opportunity to take a close look at pit stop competitions and demonstration laps by the DTM cars from Audi and Mercedes-Benz and the race cars from the partner series Formula 3 Euro Series, Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, ADAC Volkswagen Polo Cup and SEAT Leon Supercopa. ?As the reigning champion, one is enjoying such a presentation even more. The crowd was really impressive?, said Audi works driver Timo Scheider. Ralf Schumacher (Mercedes-Benz) was also really impressed. ?The people in D?sseldorf are just so enthusiastic, it is really electrifying. A new record crowd yet again ? just great. I am really feeling well here.?

There was plenty of action off the temporary ?race track? at the K?nigsallee. ?The Rattles?and Reamonn performed live on the DTM show stage, and all that free of charge. ?Being able to take such a close look at the DTM is just great. I have come with my wife and the two kids?, said a family father.

On May 17th, the action will start in earnest for the 19 drivers. At the Hockenheimring Baden-W?rttemberg, the battle for lap times and points will start in the season opening round.