Author Topic: Spengler calls for Scheider penalty  (Read 2351 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Spengler calls for Scheider penalty
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
By Glenn Freeman Monday, July 16th 2007, 15:30 GMT

Bruno Spengler has called on DTM officials to penalise Timo Scheider for putting him on the grass at the start of the race.

The Canadian, who ended up off the track as he tried to pass Scheider's Audi, believes that the German's move to block him should be reviewed by the stewards.

"Scheider was very aggressive and stupid on the straight," said the Mercedes driver. "Things like this should be punished severely."

The pair had already clashed this season, and Spengler was given a 50-second penalty for their last lap collision at Hockenheim.

"Scheider was complaining very severely about the racing incident we had at Hockenheim," he added. "But I'm not a person who thinks about what happened in the past.

"I'm just looking to what happened now and that's very stupid to do something like that, and very dangerous as well.

"I was not expecting any better from him anyway, I just hope that the race directors are going to react on this."

Spengler's fourth place finish at Mugello moved him into joint third in the DTM standings with Paul di Resta.