Author Topic: Di Resta aims to keep lead at home  (Read 2257 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Di Resta aims to keep lead at home
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:30:53 PM »
 Wednesday, June 6th 2007, 11:46 GMT

Briton Paul di Resta is looking to stay at the top of the DTM standings with a good result at this weekend's race at Brands Hatch.

Di Resta, driving a 2005-spec Mercedes, has benefited from his consistency to arrive in the fourth race of the championship four points ahead of Audi rival Mattias Ekstrom.

"If somebody had told me prior to the season that I would travel to my home race in Brands Hatch as the championship leader, it would have been hard for me to believe him," di Resta said.

"It's like a dream to have accomplished that and I will give it my all to retain the lead in front of my home crowd."

Di Resta's championship lead was reduced by four points after organisers announced they would only give half the usual points for the Lausitz race, which was thrown into confusion following two safety car periods.

The Scot finished second in the race behind Finn Mika Hakkinen, who is looking for another win this weekend at the British track.

"At the Lausitzring, my team did an excellent job. I won the race and was able to show the full potential of the new C-Class," said Hakkinen. "It is my target to repeat this in Brands Hatch."