Author Topic: Dennis unimpressed by GP2 field  (Read 4185 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Dennis unimpressed by GP2 field
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:14:01 AM »
 Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 11:51 GMT

Ron Dennis has said that he is not expecting any future Formula One stars to come out of this year's GP2 field.

The McLaren Formula One team boss does not feel that the level of ability in the field matches that of the past two years, where the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, and Heikki Kovalainen shone before moving into F1.

"I don't think you should take anything away from anyone who has won a race, but I don't feel it is a particularly competitive field this year," said Dennis.

He also added that he expects current championship frontrunners Timo Glock and Bruno Senna to share the spoils throughout the year, as they did last weekend in Spain.

"Senna and Glock should probably share the races out between them," he said. "I cannot see any young talent coming out of the category this year."

He also believes that Senna should be judged on his performances, rather than his relationship to his uncle Ayrton, who won three world championships with McLaren.

"As a race winner I wish him well, but I don't think one should put too much emphasis on people's names," he said.

"People should be measured on their own achievements, not on their family name."