Author Topic: Enge to return ahead of schedule  (Read 4172 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Enge to return ahead of schedule
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
By Glenn Freeman Thursday, May 3rd 2007, 09:56 GMT

Tomas Enge has been cleared to return to racing much earlier than expected after his accident at St. petersburg on March 31.

The Czech driver sustained broken ribs, a broken left elbow, bruising, and lung injuries, but he will return to action in the American Le Mans Series at Salt Lake City on May 19.

"I am overjoyed," said Enge. "I can't wait and I believe that I will soon be as quick as I was before the accident."

Enge has also been cleared to race in the Le Mans 24 Hours with Aston Martin, which will take place just one month after his return to action in a Ferrari 430.

"I am taking the test and race also as a preparation for Le Mans," he added. "I should have a better idea after a race in the Ferrari how I will feel behind the wheel of the more powerful Aston Martin."

Enge believes that the speed of his recovery has been due to his determination to get back to racing as soon as possible.

"I did everything that I could have done and I think that I was an extraordinarily obedient and co-operative patient," he said. "I'm sure that was a big help in my recovery."