Author Topic: DTM 2008 ? Press Release No. 7  (Read 2375 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
DTM 2008 ? Press Release No. 7
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

Big contingent of stars at the DTM Launch in D?sseldorf

Wiesbaden/D?sseldorf ? Oliver Pocher, Jennifer Paige and Revolverheld: these are the celebrities that are going to travel to D?sseldorf for the DTM Launch ? held on 6th April in the sports city of D?sseldorf ? and join DTM drivers Ralf Schumacher (Mercedes-Benz), Mattias Ekstr?m (Audi) and all their colleagues, there. From 13.00hrs, German comedian Oliver Pocher is going to present the programme together with ARD presenter Claus Lufen. ?Let?s wait and see if I will get the chance off taking the wheel of a DTM car myself,? Pocher says. ?Then, I will show the guys how to take a car to its limits. Whatever Ralf Schumacher can do, I can do it just as well ? at least.?

In addition to demonstration runs of the DTM cars and those racing in its partner series, to donuts and pit-stop simulations, all the visitors will also be provided an attractive music programme. German band ?Revolverheld? are going to fire up the audience with their rocking sound and will present Germany?s official Euro song for the 2008 European Football Championship held in Austria and Switzerland. While Jennifer Paige, who conquered the charts all around the world, in the late 1990s, with her smash hit ?Crush?, will perform several songs of her latest album, ?Kept Best Secret?. She is going to inspire the crowds just as much as another international top artist who will enter the stage as the surprise guest of the event.

?It?s the third time that we are coming to D?sseldorf and the fans may look forward to an even better programmes than the ones they witnesses in the last two years,? says Hans Werner Aufrecht, Chairman of DTM rights holder and promoter ITR e.V. ?The programme will be more varied than ever and with Oliver Pocher, Jennifer Paige and our surprise guest, the DTM drivers will be joined by major stars that have got what it takes to inspire the crowds.? D?sseldorf?s Lord Mayor, Joachim Erwin, particularly looks forward to meeting Ralf Schumacher. ?He is a true asset to DTM and we are delighted with having the chance of welcoming him and all his DTM colleagues, in D?sseldorf.?

The first preparations for the launch will be executed as early as on Monday, 17th March. On this day, a 3x8-metre Ralf Schumacher placard will be installed on the building of the ?Oberpostdirektion? (Post Head Office), located at the corner Graf-Adolfs-Platz / Breitestra?e. Furthermore, two welcome bridges will be erected at the K?nigsallee and in the pedestrian area, at the corner Schadowstra?e / Blumen Stra?e. All these activities will be accompanied by a major placard campaign in Greater D?sseldorf.