Author Topic: Hakkinen launches free taxi scheme  (Read 2421 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Hakkinen launches free taxi scheme
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »
 Friday, May 25th 2007, 15:05 GMT

Two-time world champion Mika Hakkinen on Friday helped launch a free taxi scheme sponsored by Johnnie Walker.

Driving a London taxi on the streets of Monte Carlo, Hakkinen drew attention to the initiative, aimed at reinforcing Johnnie Walker's "Winners always stay in control - don't drink and drive" message.

On Saturday night in Monaco, Hakkinen will kick off the scheme with a number of local taxi drivers. Between midnight and 6am on Sunday morning, eight taxis will be available within Monaco, providing free local journeys home.

"My experience as a racing driver has taught me a lot about being in control," said Hakkinen. "I believe that I have a responsibility as a high-profile driver to help address the hugely important issue of drinking responsibly and never drink driving.

"Hopefully by highlighting the public services available in the Principality ? from the train to the taxis - I have helped to raise awareness of the importance of not drinking and driving, and as far as I am aware this is the first time anyone will be able to have a free taxi ride in Monaco."