Author Topic: Dennis dismisses quit rumours  (Read 1893 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Dennis dismisses quit rumours
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

By Edd Straw    Sunday, August 24th 2008, 09:22 GMT

Ron DennisMcLaren team principal Ron Dennis has torpedoed reports that he is actively considering stepping down from his current role with the team.

Dennis was quoted by Spanish newspaper El Pais as saying that he is considering his future with the team, something which he vehemently denied when asked about the article at Valencia today.

"I haven't spoken to any member of the press for over three weeks," he said. "This is the first time I have spoken to the esteemed bunch of media.

"It's just complete and total fabrication. I don't know where the story came from, but I haven't spoken to anyone."

The story in El Pais suggested that Dennis was considering modifying his role with McLaren.

"I still have many ambitions," he was quoted as saying in El Pais. "All the difficulties of the past 10 months made it difficult to make decisions about my future. But if you ask me whether I am considering taking a step back the answer is yes.

"I do not consider the word withdrawal as meaning goodbye, but instead a step towards other functions."