Author Topic: Schumacher keen for first night race  (Read 1524 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Schumacher keen for first night race
« on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
By Pablo Elizalde    Friday, September 17th 2010, 10:27 GMT

Michael SchumacherMichael Schumacher says he is looking forward to driving in his first night grand prix in Singapore next week.

The Singapore event made its debut on the Formula 1 calendar in 2008, and so it will be first time Schumacher races there, having returned to grand prix racing this season.

"I have always been fond of getting to know new circuits and Singapore will definitely be an exciting adventure," said Schumacher in a team preview.

"I have three reasons to look forward to the weekend; it is a new circuit for me, it is a city race and it will be my first night race.

"Driving a new track has never been too complicated for me and I am usually very quick to learn and find the rhythm. As a team, we would like to perform strongly and we will give our maximum to deliver as good a show as possible."

Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg is also eager to race again in Singapore, where the German finished in second place in the 2008 event.

"I had the best finish of my career so far at Singapore in 2008 when I finished second so the race has good memories for me. The track is good fun to drive and a real challenge," said Rosberg.

"It feels like a proper street circuit, very narrow and enclosed, with a stop-start nature that never gives you the chance to relax.

"We've had decent results at the last two races so we will be hoping to continue our run of points finishes in Singapore next weekend.""