Author Topic: Schumacher: Car quicker on damp track  (Read 1544 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Schumacher: Car quicker on damp track
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
By Edd Straw    Friday, September 24th 2010, 18:20 GMT

Michael Schumacher, Mercedes, Singapore GPMichael Schumacher believes that Mercedes GP is more competitive in damp conditions in Singapore after struggling in the dry second free practice session.

The 41-year-old was second fastest, just 0.119 seconds off pace-setter Mark Webber, in the first one-and-a-half hour session, but dropped to 10th fastest once the track had dried later in the day.

"Looking at it now in dry conditions, we seem to be suffering a bit more compared to the first session," he said when asked by AUTOSPORT if he was confident of being able to outpace midfield rivals Renault and Williams.

"When it was mixed conditions, we looked quite strong.

"It did not go as well as I would have liked in the second session, but it was good in the initial one."

It was Schumacher's first experience of the Marina Bay circuit as Singapore did not join the Formula 1 calendar until 2008, two years into his temporary retirement. But he reported no problems with driving under floodlights and enjoyed the track.

"It has been interesting and I enjoyed driving here," he said. "It was the first time for me in these conditions and at this circuit and it was good fun.

"There is one section of track that is a bit bumpy, but the rest of it is very good."