Author Topic: Dennis not writing off Raikkonen yet  (Read 1949 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Dennis not writing off Raikkonen yet
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:30:45 PM »

By Jonathan Noble    Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 08:34 GMT

Kimi RaikkonenMcLaren boss Ron Dennis has admitted he remains wary of the threat posed by world champion Kimi Raikkonen in the title battle this season - despite the Finn's disappointing performances recently.

Raikkonen has not won a race since the Spanish Grand Prix and has been regularly outpaced by his teammate Felipe Massa.

But Dennis, who knows Raikkonen well after their spell together at McLaren, thinks the now Ferrari driver remains a force to be reckoned with.

"Kimi is a fierce competitor, a highly-talented racing driver and I wouldn't levy any criticism at him at all," said Dennis.

"The bottom line is drivers have good and bad races, and I'm sure he will forget this one, but he is more than capable of winning.

"So I certainly wouldn't discount him at this stage. With only six races to go, I wouldn't want to make any predictions about him. That's the worst thing we could do.

"Our package of improvements we have will hopefully reap the rewards we think they will deserve, but we will have to see how it unfolds."