Author Topic: Massa: Brawn GP pace unreachable  (Read 1692 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Massa: Brawn GP pace unreachable
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:43:06 AM »

By Jonathan Noble    Friday, March 13th 2009, 13:38 GMT

Felipe Massa, Ferari, Barchelona testingFerrari's Felipe Massa says his team is exactly where it expected to be before the start of the season - but he concedes that surprisingly Brawn GP is ahead.

With the F1 paddock stunned by the pace of Brawn's BGP 001 in its first testing session at Barcelona in Spain, Massa says that his team is heading to the season opener thinking it is not the fastest.

Speaking about Ferrari's testing progress, Massa said: "Over these 20 days of tests we were able to improve our car a lot in every respect. We're [now] where we thought we would be before the start at Melbourne

"As far as the performance is concerned I'm really satisfied with our competitiveness compared to all the others, except obviously Brawn GP, who were unreachable for all of us.

"Right now we're not the fastest car on the track, which I might have said before the tests here at Barcelona. We'll see how it works out in Australia."

Massa says he has no explanation for the speed of the Brawn, or even rival McLaren, which appears to have made a mistake with the design of its car.

"What I think about McLaren and Brawn GP? I can't reply to that, because I don't know the details. I can just look at the lap times and what we see from the outside.

"As far as the aerodynamic solutions are concerned I can only say that I'm not the one to comment on that. First of all I'm not an engineer, but a driver and then there's [the FIA], which has the task to see if everything is alright or not."