Author Topic: Zidane to ride with Schumacher  (Read 2475 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Zidane to ride with Schumacher
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »
 Friday, May 25th 2007, 15:02 GMT

Footballing legend Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that he will attend this year's French Grand Prix - as well as get a taste of the circuit as a passenger to Michael Schumacher.

The Frenchman, whose career ended in disgrace after head butting a rival in last year's World Cup Final, will visit the event on Saturday to watch qualifying.

After the action, Zidane will be given a lap of the circuit by Schumacher, who is attending the event as part of his work for the ICM brain and spinal cord charity.

"I'm very honoured to go to the Magny-Cours circuit on which the French Grand Prix will take place," said Zidane. "The hotly-contested 2007 F1 World Championship is very interesting for lovers of motor sport like myself.

"But I'll be there above all to support the ICM, the association whose aim is provide the necessary means to combat certain serious neurological diseases. The Grand Prix organisers, heads of industry, professors, cinema directors, former ministers and sportsmen support this association.

"I'm going to get into a Ferrari FXX alongside Michael Schumacher on this occasion, and I couldn't hope for a better track baptism for such a great cause."