Author Topic: Raikkonen has an offer from Toyota  (Read 1552 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Raikkonen has an offer from Toyota
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:27:16 AM »
source Autosport

By Pablo Elizalde    Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 08:46 GMT

Kimi RaikkonenKimi Raikkonen has an offer from Toyota for the 2010 season, and team president John Howett believes the Finn could fit well in the Japanese squad.

"We don't play too many games," Howett told Reuters. "We put on the table what we can afford and what we think is a serious offer in the current market.

"I think genuinely we could work well with him, give him a car that's quick."

He added: "We have had very good relationships with Scandinavian drivers in the rallying times that enjoy life and it works very well, so we could cope with it as a team."

Raikkonen is yet to decide on his future after agreeing to leave the Ferrari team a year before the end of his contract in order to make way for Fernando Alonso.

The Finn has made it clear that he is only interested in staying in Formula 1 if he can fight for wins straight away.

Howett, who had insisted it was very unlikely that Jarno Trulli would stay at the team next year, said the Italian has an offer from Toyota.

He also said the team is still in talks with Timo Glock.

"With both drivers we are still maintaining a degree of discussion," said Howett.

"We have put an offer on the table with Jarno, I think that he himself is not dissatisfied with the financial offer, the bottom line to some extent is certain issues on the contract and I don't think they are negotiable from our side.

"He may well be in the car next year but it's not at all clear."
Win a drive with Kris Meeke