Author Topic: Tim Reuss as President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada  (Read 2286 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Tim Reuss as President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »
Daimler AG today announced the appointment of Tim A. Reuss to President & CEO of its subsidiary company, Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. Reuss succeeds Marcus W. Breitschwerdt, who has accepted a new posting as President & CEO of Mercedes-Benz UK Limited, one of Daimler’s largest worldwide passenger car, heavy duty truck and van operations, effective April 1, 2011.
Tim Reuss’s career with the Daimler organization spans 24 years, during which time he has successfully held a number of executive positions at both the company’s head office and in the markets, such as President & CEO, DaimlerChrysler Vans in North Carolina, USA, and Sales Director for the Business Unit Vans at Daimler in Stuttgart, Germany. Reuss joins Mercedes-Benz Canada from Italy, where he currently heads the Mercedes-Benz corporate retail division in Rome.
"I'm thrilled to join an organization that has shown such significant growth and such important accomplishments over the last eight years under my predecessor's, Marcus Breitschwerdt leadership and I want to thank Marcus very much for the great legacy he is now handing over to me. It is certainly my clear target together with the great team of Mercedes-Benz Canada employees and dealers to continue this success story" said Reuss. "I am also absolutely thrilled to be relocating to Canada; I consider it an immense opportunity and privilege,” he continued.
During Marcus Breitschwerdt’s eight years at the helm of Mercedes-Benz Canada, the company moved forward in leaps and bounds, and he can look back on a string of significant achievements. For example, the more than double increase and record-breaking sales of 31,651 units in 2010, a concurrent doubling of market share and the attainment of the Number One position among luxury manufacturers in Canada; the establishment of a benchmark retail network; the successful addition of the smart and Sprinter brands and of a record-breaking used car division to Mercedes-Benz Canada’s portfolio; and a consistent and steady improvement of the company’s rating by its dealers, culminating in the top ranking in the 2010 CADA Dealer Satisfaction Survey.
“The more than eight years I have spent in this very competitive market as a part of our great Mercedes-Benz Canada team have been extremely rewarding,” said Breitschwerdt. “While I look forward with great excitement to the opportunities and challenges that my new appointment will present, I certainly will always look back fondly at our enriching experiences as a Canadian team. In difficult times, we were able to move a lot together. I would like to thank all of our employees and dealers for their unwavering support during my stay at Mercedes-Benz Canada. I am absolutely convinced that this level of success will continue under the leadership of Tim Reuss whom I want to congratulate and to wish all the very best”