Author Topic: Audi confirms unchanged line-up  (Read 2815 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Audi confirms unchanged line-up
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

By Steven English    Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 10:29 GMT

Mattias EkstromAudi has confirmed that it will retain an unchanged works driver roster in the DTM this season, with Mattias Ekstrom, Tom Kristensen, Timo Scheider and Martin Tomczyk filling the four new A4s for the third consecutive season.

The only change to the manufacturer's line-up is Briton Katherine Legge's promotion from a two-year-old TME car to a one-year-old Abt-run car.

"The opportunity that I have been given this year is the best one I have ever had in my career," said the former Champ Car racer. "Driving for Abt is the best possible situation for me.

"I have no excuses being with a team like Abt this year, having such experienced team mates and the added bonus of a 2008 car. I'm really excited and motivated about the forthcoming season."

In the other year-old A4s, Mike Rockenfeller and Markus Winkelhock continue with Team Rosberg, and Oliver Jarvis and Alexandre Premat with Team Phoenix.

Audi motorsport boss Dr Wolfgang Ullrich believes they can secure a third successive DTM title in 2009.

"2008 was the most successful year in the motorsport history of Audi AG," he said. "The drivers were a major factor in this, which is why we saw no reason to change anything.

"With our proven driving squad, I believe that we are well-placed to achieve (a third straight championship). However, it's perfectly clear to us that the challenge is even greater than last year and that the field could well be even closer."