Author Topic: Raikkonen welcomes Schumacher return  (Read 2443 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Raikkonen welcomes Schumacher return
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »
By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, May 10th 2007, 15:27 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen has welcomed Michael Schumacher's return to the paddock for the first time since the German retired from Formula One.

The seven-time champion will be in Barcelona from Friday, returning for the first time since last year's Brazilian Grand Prix, and Raikkonen is looking forward to getting help from him.

"He is coming as he is still involved in the team. He will try and help the team go forward, so I think this is why he is coming. I think it will only be a positive thing," Raikkonen told reporters in Barcelona.

"He is here to help the team. Hopefully he has much more time to look at what the other teams are doing and comes up with some ideas.

"That is the way he is approaching the weekend and naturally he is not coming to us to tell us how to drive the cars. It has never been the thing why he is here."

Raikkonen said, however, that Schumacher will not have any influence once he gets in the car.

"I think I still drive the car, and I do with my engineers what I want," he added.

Schumacher is scheduled hold a press conference at the Barcelona circuit tomorrow.