Author Topic: Buemi wins season opener Formula 3 Euro Series  (Read 3855 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Buemi wins season opener Formula 3 Euro Series
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »
21.04.2007 - Swiss driver, S?bastien Buemi (M?cke Motorsport) scored a lights-to-flag victory at the 4.574 kilometres long Hockenheimring Baden-W?rttemberg. The 18-year old won the season opener of the Formula 3 Euro Series ahead of Nico H?lkenberg (ASM Formule 3) and the best-placed rookie, Franck Mailleux (Manor Motorsport).

On the first few metres of the race, S?bastien Buemi already pulled clear of his rivals, while Mailleux already had overtaken his team mate James Jakes (Manor Motorsport) at the start. Right after the start, Nico H?lkenberg (ASM Formule 3) overtook Renger van der Zande and slotted into third place. There he stayed until Mailleux made a mistake on lap 23 and spun. The rookie kept control of his car and came home third behind H?lkenberg.

S?bastien Buemi (M?cke Motorsport): ?Winning a race in the Formula 3 Euro Series again is a great feeling. My motto: ?Keep cool and be quick? has worked out quite well. The start of the race was very important. After that, I remained concentrated and drove it home with constant lap times.?

Nico H?lkenberg (ASM Formule 3): ?Finishing on the podium is a good result. Yesterday evening, we were sitting together for a long time, discussing why things didn?t work out that well in qualifying. Today, we made a big step forward. Thanks to Mailleux? mistake, I came second in my maiden race in the Formula 3 Euro Series.?

Franck Mailleux (Manor Motorsport): ?This is a great day for me. Not even in my dreams, I had thought about making it onto the podium upon my debut in the Formula 3 Euro Series. The reason for my spin was my lack of experience in Formula 3, but being on the podium is still a great result.?