Author Topic: McLaren debut 2009 front wing at Jerez  (Read 1905 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
McLaren debut 2009 front wing at Jerez
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »

By Pablo Elizalde    Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 13:35 GMT

Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, Jerez testingThe McLaren-Mercedes team joined some of their rivals on Wednesday in launching a new-for-2009 look at the Jerez circuit, running a revised front wing.

Spanish test driver Pedro de la Rosa took to the Spanish circuit with an interim version of the MP4-23 car, with the radical front wing and a 2008-like rear one.

The British squad are one of the first to test with their 2009 wing, joining rivals BMW Sauber, who have already been testing their 2009 aero package for some time.

Unlike BMW's, McLaren's front wing did not include the distinctive endplates.

De la Rosa was joined today by Finn Heikki Kovalainen, who is getting his first taste of the MP4-23K, the car used for KERS testing.

McLaren's director of engineering Paddy Lowe said earlier this week that the team were 'very positive' about the progress made with their 2009 so far.

"I am very positive actually," Lowe told autosport.com. "We have got a lot of exciting things coming through to the car - some of them from new regulations and some of them which are things we were working on anyway. So I am feeling very optimistic actually.

"Obviously there is a bit of a shake-up with all the rules, as anything can happen. But the team are working very, very well, so I think wherever we end up we will feel proud of what we have done."