Author Topic: Ron Dennis starts Dream Chasing  (Read 3665 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Ron Dennis starts Dream Chasing
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »
    Grandstand Motorsport Holidays
By Jonathan Noble    Sunday, March 23rd 2008, 05:26 GMT

Ron DennisMcLaren boss Ron Dennis has launched a new foundation - Dream Chasing - to help support youngsters who are having difficulties fulfilling their ambitions.

Inspired by the success of his backing for Lewis Hamilton, whom he has supported since karting, Dennis has said he wants to help more youngsters achieve their dreams.

"Every time you meet terminally-ill adults or even more so children, it gives you a complete perspective on what your own problems are," said Dennis. "There are many, many hundreds, probably millions, of people who are facing a more challenging life than I am.

"So last year I put together my own foundation, and that's started to now work. It is really about mentoring and financing young people from all walks of life in all countries to aspire and succeed in their own dreams."

Dennis has said he wants his children to get involved in the foundation, which will support all kinds of projects.

"I have encouraged my kids to get involved so they can understand how difficult it is for some people just to survive," the Briton said. "It can be a young aspiring violinist who cannot fund their careers.

"The idea was inspired by Lewis, but it also coincided with me being able to put enough money into it to make a difference."