Author Topic: Ralf set to be confirmed at Mercedes  (Read 2145 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Ralf set to be confirmed at Mercedes
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:11:35 PM »
By Steven English Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 12:27 GMT

Ralf Schumacher is set to be confirmed to race for Mercedes in the DTM this season after testing again for the marque at Estoril this week.

The 32-year-old former Grand Prix driver sampled a 2007-spec car in a three-day test at the Portuguese circuit this week and will race a year-old model if a deal is confirmed.

He said: "I wouldn't be here driving the car if I wasn't enjoying it and if I wasn't seriously considering racing in the DTM. I'm using every minute of testing to get to know the car better.

"Should a co-operation come about, I would race one of the 2007-spec cars. After all, I'm new to DTM and would have to get to know everything and get accustomed to racing the car - you don't need a new one to do that. In the learning year, winning races just wouldn't be the goal yet."

Schumacher drove a 2007-spec Mercedes at Estoril while Paul Di Resta and Jamie Green shared a new car, increasing speculation that they will complete the line-up of 2008 cars alongside Bernd Schneider and Bruno Spengler.