Author Topic: DTM 2010 – Press Release No. 58  (Read 2202 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
DTM 2010 – Press Release No. 58
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »
18th September, 2010

Di Resta in excellent shape for title battle - second pole in a row

DTM       

Oschersleben. Catching up continues. After first place on the grid and victory in the DTM round at Brands Hatch, Scot Paul Di Resta also claimed pole position in qualifying for the eighth season round at Oschersleben. The Mercedes-Benz driver completed the lap at the 3.696 kilometres long track in 1:21.394 minutes. “Getting the car to work well was difficult today. After the first heat of the shoot-out qualifying, we still weren’t happy. Then, we made some significant changes and after that, the car was just running perfectly. I hope that we can score many points in the battle for the title tomorrow”, said Di Resta, who will be starting from first place on the grid for the third time this season.

Di Resta’s fellow Mercedes-Benz driver was second fastest in qualifying. The current leader in the drivers’ standings will thus be starting from second place on the grid for the sixth time this season. In the battle for the title, the Canadian is in front with 52 points, followed by Di Resta with 43 points and Gary Paffett (GB/Mercedes-Benz) with 39 points.

The best-placed Audi driver in the area around Magdeburg on Saturday was Mike Rockenfeller, who sparked a surprise by qualifying third with a 2008-spec car. “This is the first time that I am the best-placed Audi driver in qualifying. I didn’t expect that it would be running that well for me here. But I have looked at the data and apparently did quite a good job with them. Tomorrow, I will do my best and then we will see what happens”, says Rockenfeller, who already won the endurance classics at Le Mans and Daytona this year. His fellow Audi driver Timo Scheider followed in fourth place. In the points’ standings, the reigning DTM champion is also fourth with 29 points. With Martin Tomczyk (D), Mattias Ekström (S), Oliver Jarvis (GB) and Miguel Molina (E), four more Audi drivers followed in fifth to eighth place.

British driver Gary Paffett was visibly disappointed after qualifying. The Mercedes-Benz driver was only tenth behind his compatriot Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz). The two ex-Formula 1 drivers Ralf Schumacher (D) and David Coulthard (GB) were also unhappy. Both failed to make it into the second heat of the shoot-out qualifying and will be starting 15th and 16th respectively on Sunday.

The eighth DTM round of the year will cover 50 laps. The start is at 14.00 h. ARD is broadcasting live from 13.45 h.