Author Topic: 2019 Abu Dhabi Post-Season Test, Day 2  (Read 1681 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
2019 Abu Dhabi Post-Season Test, Day 2
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:50:14 AM »
George Russell completes 145 laps at Yas Marina

Date:                           Wednesday, 4 December 2019

Driver:                         George Russell

Circuit:                        Yas Marina Circuit

Circuit Length:            5.554 km

Laps Completed:         145

Distance Covered:       805.330

Best Lap Time:             1:37.204

George Russell was behind the wheel of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ on the second day of the post-season test, clocking in over 800 kilometres at Yas Marina.

George completed a total of 145 laps, the second-most laps of the day
    George’s fastest lap was a 1:37.204 which put him top of the timing board
    The team did a range of tests to analyse and understand the Pirelli tyres for the 2020 season

George Russell

It’s been a pleasure driving the championship-winning W10 today. We tested the 2020 tyres and I’ve learned a huge amount about them which I’m sure will help both myself and the team going into next season, which is very positive. It’s been an enjoyable day at the track and I’ll get more track-time in next week when I’ll do the tyre development test for Pirelli before my season finally comes to a close. I’m excited for a few days off to relax a little before I’m back to my training regime to get the best possible preparation for 2020. My first season in Formula One has been a steep learning curve and I’m already looking forward to Australia when we go racing again next year.

Andrew Shovlin

It was good to be able to work with George again today and he did a great job to get over 800 kilometres and fastest lap of the day. The car has run faultlessly over the last two days which has allowed us to get through a lot of work. We spent more time today working on getting the most out of the 2020 tyres and we have made good progress in understanding what they need in terms of set-up. We also completed a compound scan in the morning which gives us some data to select the tyres for the opening races and did some work on the softest compound - the C5 - on which George set his fastest lap. That’s not quite it for the W10 as we will be converting Valtteri’s race chassis over the next few days into the mule car to do our first 18-inch tyre development test for Pirelli. George is going to stay here to do the driving for that test, so it’s been very useful to him to get familiar with our car today in preparation for that work which starts on Sunday.