Author Topic: Double mission for Daniel Juncadella  (Read 5367 times)

Offline fasteddy

• Administrator
    • www.flyingtiger.ca  http://shop.flyingtiger.ca
Double mission for Daniel Juncadella
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
Daniel Juncadella will be on call as a reserve driver for the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM Team during the 2017 season

Daniel will have two roles in 2017 as a DTM reserve driver and competitor in the Mercedes-AMG GT3
    Daniel Juncadella: “The team spirit and the atmosphere within the squad were always great, so I'm really pleased to be able to combine racing in the Mercedes-AMG GT3 this year with acting as a reserve driver in the DTM”
    Ulrich Fritz: “We're really well prepared for the new season with our two reserves, Max and Daniel”

Spanish driver Daniel Juncadella will be a reserve driver in the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM Team during the 2017 season. In addition to his role as a 'substitute' in the DTM, he will also compete in GT races with the Mercedes-AMG GT3 this year.

Juncadella will race for the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Team BLACK FALCON in the VLN endurance championship at the Nürburgring as well as for Team AKKA ASP in the Blancpain GT Series.

“I think it's great to be back in the DTM team this season," said Daniel. “I know the drivers and team members really well from previous years. The team spirit and the atmosphere within the squad were always great, so I'm delighted that I can combine racing the Mercedes-AMG GT3 with being a DTM reserve driver this year.”

Daniel is well acquainted with the team and the DTM. He contested four seasons in the DTM for the brand with the three-pointed star between 2013 and 2016, securing 75 points from 56 races. His two best race results were two fourth places at the Norisring in 2013 and at the Lausitzring in 2014.

“It's great that Daniel will again be in the squad in 2017,” said Head of Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM Ulrich Fritz. “He still knows the team from the past few years, and so, can fit seamlessly into the squad. We've seen in previous DTM seasons how important it is to be able to fall back on an experienced and fast reserve should a driver fall ill or be unable to take part. We are really well placed for the new season with our two reserves, Max and Daniel.”

Apart from Juncadella, current FIA Formula 3 European Championship runner-up Maximilian Günther will also act as official test and reserve driver for the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM Team in the forthcoming DTM season. “As some of the DTM race weekends are colliding with his commitments in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship we want Max to concentrate on his races in Formula 3,” explained Fritz. “On these occasions Daniel takes over Maximilian’s duties as our reserve driver.”